Name that Flyover City! — March 16, 2020
Welcome back! We hope you are enjoying Name that Flyover City!
Here’s a review of the questions:
- Who knew zombies were going to be such a big thing? Well, the folks at Zombie Burger + Drink Lab did. This flagship restaurant is located in what city?
- Bob Wills and his group The Texas Playboys are largely credited for the creation of Western swing music. In what city did they introduce this music?
- The building that houses the gas company in this city boasts a 21-foot flame on top. What city is this?
And here are the answers:
- Des Moines, IA—At the Zombie Burger + Drink Lab, patrons can choose from zombie-related sandwich options, “They’re Coming to Get you Barbara” and “The Poultrygeist.”
- Tulsa, OK—The group began performing in 1935 at Cain’s Ballroom. Cain’s Ballroom is still operational today.
- Milwaukee, WI—The flame atop the Wisconsin Gas Building provides navigational light for Lake Michigan vessels but also indicates the local weather forecast by its color.
Thanks for playing Name that Flyover city AND for reading Flyover Future!